PE is a type of ultra high molecular weight polyethylene having a wide usage. Its high molecular weight allows for optimum properties spectrum. Superb sliding properties, wear and abrasion resistance as well as its resistance to corrosion allows for the use of PE in packaging, food and drink industry.
- superb sliding properties,
- very low friction coefficient,
- low density,
- antistatic or electrical insulating,
- high resistance to all chemical substances,
- dimensional stability,
- it does not absorb water,
- constant and impact noise reduction
- modyfikacja olejem mineralnym w procesie polimeryzacji zapewnia ciągłe smarowanie podczas procesów użytkowania
- high constant lubrication throughout the whole working time due to polymerisation with mineral oil,
- admitted to direct contact with food (EU guidance, PZH certificate).
- machines and apparatus e.g. sprockets, tubes, rolls and chain conveyors, sliding and anti-friction profiles, tensile sleeves, buffers, scraper buckets, tabs, gathers, hammer heads, antistatic and conductive linings;
- elements of packaging and pouring machines: scrolls, bottle guides, guide tables, corner tracks, rolls and cams;
- chemical and galvanotechnic industry, rotating and metering pumps, valves, filter plates and frames, tabs, gaskets, sliding elements, sprockets, galvanic drums, containers, containers inserts, etc.
- deep cooling techniques: valves, gaskets, self-sealing rings, piston rings with operating temperature up to -269şC, dynamic sealing in extraction apparatus, piston covers, etc.
- paper industry and especially when materials with great sliding properties and wear resistance are required, sieve slats, facings of the sieve tables, scraper blades, suction chest inserts, etc.
- textile industry especially in these textile machines elements which are exposed to large impact loadings and pickers and accumulation rollers;
- machines used for bunkering and handling loose materials on account of good sliding properties and high wear resistance: bunker lining, convening gutters, wagons for coal, gravel, sand and metal ores transportation, power stations, lime and cement industry, foundries;
- electrical engineering: insulating elements for high-voltage and highest frequency techniques, materials resistant to high temperature and gas emission, cable clamps, cable handles, contact inserts for plugging systems in electrical equipment,
- examples of other applications: sprockets, profiles, table tops for paper, cardboard, textile, leather, foil and rubber cutting, table tops for cutting and chopping applied in meat and fish industries, tracks in bowling alleys, prosthesis.
BASIC TYPES OF PE:
PE 1000 is polyethylene which has the best sliding properties. It is resistant to wear and abrasion and it is characterised by good muffling properties, which in practice means noise reduction. It does not scratch the surface of the objects with which it contacts directly. It is obtained for scrolls, bottle guides, sprockets, idler wheels, profiles, guide rails and chain tensioners production.
PE 500 is polyethylene applied especially in food industry. It is easy in processing and thus it is used widely. It can be used for production of partitional tables, table tops and boards.
PE 300 is widely used in the production of linings and container cases. It is great in welding.
|Molecular weight||millions||Light dispersion||ca. 4,5||ca. 4,5|
|Tensile strength||N/mm2||DIN 53455||22||22|
|Tear resistance +23 st. C||N/mm2||DIN 53455||44||43|
|Elongation after break at +23 st. C||%||DIN 53455||450||450|
|Flexural strength +23 st. C||N/mm2||DIN 53477||250||300|
|Flexural strength -40 st. C||N/mm2||DIN 53477||370||400|
|Compressive strength||N/mm2||DIN 53456||38||40|
|Hardness, Shore D||–||–||66||64|
|Notched Impact||mj/mm2||DIN 53453||150||100|
|Abrasion in sand-slurry method||–||Sand-slurry test||100||110|
|Crystallisation range||°C||polarising microscope||137||139|
|Coefficient of Linear Thermal Expansion between 20-100 °C||°C||DIN 52328||2¡10-4||1,8¡10-4-4|
|Thermal Conductivity at 20 °C||W/° C x m||DIN 52612||0,42||0,42|
|Max Operating Temp||st. C||–||76||76|
|Volume Resistivity||? x cm||DIN 53482||>1015||<109|
|Surface resistance||?||DIN 53482||>1013||4¡107|
|Dielectric strength||KV/cm||DIN 53481||900||–|
|SLIDING AND ABRASIVE PROPERTIES|
|Dynamic coefficient of friction||Force weight ratio||Plastic on steel (height of surface unevenness 2-2,5<=)||0,1-0,12||0,08-0,1|
|Sheets||Polyethylene 1000, 500, 300|
|Colour||white, green, black|
|Signature DIN||PE UHMW|
|Storage dimensions (width x length) mm||1000x2000mm||1220x3050mm|
|Gauge: (mm)||Weight (kg/szt)||Weight (kg/szt)|
|Colour||white, green, black|
|signature DIN||PE UHMW|
|diameter (mm)||Weight (kg/m)|