POLYETHYLENE TEREPHTALATE (PET)
PET is a polymer which is obtained as a result of polycondensation of methyl terephthalate with ethylene glycol. This technical plastic is characterised by high mechanical endurance, ductility, which makes it widely applicable.
- hardness and rigidity
- very high chemical resistance
- very high creep resistance (higher than in polyamides)
- very high impact strength (stable in a wide range of temperatures)
- good dimensional stability
- low water absorption (0.02 %)
- good resistance to atmospheric factors and corrosion
- very good dielectric properties
- resistant to chemical factors such as alcohols, oils, fats, grease, petrol etc.
- lack of harmful micro molecular substances (even in trace amounts) admitted to direct contact with food
- high mechanical and thermal endurance
- wide service temperature limit: from -40 to +110°C for basic type
- very good sliding properties
- good cutting and polishing qualities
COLOURS: white, black, light grey
PET TX is a class of polythene thereftalate, which has been enriched by the addition of a lubricant. The obtained type of PET had good sliding properties and very low abrasion rate.
PET GF-30 has been enriched by fibreglass, thanks to which PET GF-30 characterises itself by higher temperature service, better rigidity, superb electro insulating properties and even lower water absorption than clean PET.
PET is advised to be used where dimensional changes caused by moisture absorption and high temperature are unacceptable. Most important branches of industry in which PET is used are: (electro)machine and automotive (elements of fuels systems e.g. fuel pump, filters, brake system; air conditioning elements), electrical and electronic engineering (bearings, levers, sprockets (competes with PA and POM), covers with specified mechanical and electrical functions such as office devices, computers, monitors, printers, domestic appliances, lamp covers, photographic accessories as well as sockets, plugs and condenser covers (creep current resistance), household equipment. PET is also used for production of sports equipment such as ski bindings and sailing equipment (good endurance in changeable conditions), etc.
|Water absorption, saturation||%||0,52|
|Hygroscopic rate 230C||%||0,26|
|Hardness H 961/30||N/mm2||170|
|Tensile strength at yield||N/mm2||86|
|Elongation at break||%||>15|
|Notched impact (Charpy)||kJ/m2||3,5|
|Time unit tensile (1% 1000h)||N/mm2||26|
|upper permanent service temperature limit||0C||110|
|upper temporary service temperature limit||0C||150|
|LINEAR EXPANSION COEFFICIENT 23-1000C||10ExpE5x1/K||6|
|Thermal conductivity (230C)||W/Km||0,28|
|Thermal dimensional stability A (ISO-R 75)||0C||80|
|Thermal dimensional stability B (ISO-R 75)||0C||60|
|Fire class according to UL-Standard 94 HB||–||–|
|Surface resistivity Ohm||10Exp||16|
|Volume resistivity||0Hm cm||10Exp17|
|Dielectric constant||10E x p6 Hz||3,2|
|Dielectric dissipation factor||10E x p6 Hz||0,014|
|Diameter mm||Weight kg/m|
|Diameter mm||Weight kg/m|